Boy George and Culture Club at the Hollywood Bowl
“When you think of the sounds of the 1980s, you don’t get very far before thinking about Boy George and Culture Club. The U.K. group formed in the late 1970s, embracing the brash styles of glam rock and the open-mindedness of post-punk to create a truly new form of pop music. The songs are unforgettable: “Karma Chameleon,” “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me,” “I’ll Tumble 4 Ya,” “Time (Clock of the Heart),” and so many more brought together new wave with blue-eyed soul and touches of reggae, calypso, salsa, and country music. Boy George’s flamboyant sense of style and crossdressing—and his barbed tongue—made them sensations, but it all came back to the idea of making music that would bring together people of different cultures, backgrounds, and ethnicities. Be there when the Grammy winners who defined an era return to the Bowl.”
6:00 pm (Optional): Meet us for a pre-performance picnic at Picnic Area 7 (click to view map). This is the uppermost picnic area, beyond the last (3rd) escalator. Turn right into it.) So bring your food and drink*,or buy some there.
7:40ish pm: Walk to our seats. Have your electronic ticket ready.
8:00 pm: - Show begins
*This is not a "Lease Event", so you may bring your own wine bottles etc. into the seating area.
FAQs | Hollywood Bowl
Transportation options: There are many options to get to the Bowl including driving, shuttles, carpooling and others. As Great Outdoors members we strive to do our part to reduce traffic and parking congestion and help protect the environment. Please see the following:
- Hollywood Bowl Parking, Shuttle & Transportation Info | Hollywood Bowl, or
- Carpool, if possible. If you would like a ride or could provide a ride, please email me at email@example.com and I will share your email, general location and phone number if you'd like to share with others who respond as interested in carpooling. As Great Outdoors members we strive to do our part to reduce traffic and parking congestion and help protect the environment.
Tickets: $38/ticket. Registration is for up to 20 people but you must register in advance via the GOLA website. Each participant must register separately so that they agree to the standard GOLA event liability waiver terms. All tickets are in Section R1, Row 2, Seats 1 – 13, Row 3 Seats 1 - 13 7, Row 4, Seats 1 – 11. No refunds after July 10, 2023. Add yourself to the waitlist if it sells out.
1. I will email or text your tickets to you by August 1, 2023. Note: If you determine that you cannot attend after receiving the tickets, you will be responsible for dispositioning of your tickets yourself, i.e. donating it back to GOLA, transferring it to someone else, other.
2. You may present your tickets on your mobile device by logging into a Hollywood Bowl account the day of the performance and showing your tickets directly from your browser.
3. Access and manage your upcoming events by downloading the Hollywood Bowl app.
There are step by step guides on both of these options available at www.hollywoodbowl.com/digital-tickets.
Trip Leaders: John Butta and tbd. Please let me know if you would be interested in co-hosting this with me.
Questions: contact John at 213-200-7843 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Health issues/allergies: It is the responsibility of participants to carry on their person a record of significant allergies, medications and medical history in the event of a medical emergency. Discuss any medical concerns with the tour leader if you wish.