Discover our hidden desert paradise! Bring in the New Year with natural hot springs located in a relaxed desert environment. There are gender-segregated, no-clothing-mandatory, indoor hot pools for soaking that are open 24 hours. Tecopa Hot Springs Resort is a desert oasis that offers a variety of activities and amenities. Restaurants, live music, entertainment, hiking, off road adventures and many nearby attractions and interaction with some of the nicest people in the Mojave desert.
Large campground with 30 AMP RV hookup sites. Tents share sites with electricity, includes restrooms, showers, and unlimited entry into the hot springs. Tent sites are located on level gravel area among the RV's.
Schedule Of Events
Friday Dec 29
- 10:00 am Check in, set up camp
- 12:00 pm Pool time all afternoon
- 5:00 pm Meet and greet tea, BYOB and appetizer to share
- 6:00 pm Dinner on your own or group at restaurant
- 7:30 pm Group campfire and/or pool time
Saturday Dec 30
- 9:30 am Hike* or road trip adventure*
- 5:30 pm Potluck Make it something good. Dish for 4 to 6 persons*
- 7:00 pm Group campfire and/or pool time
Sunday Dec 31 New Year’s Eve
- 9:30 am Hike or road trip adventure*
- 6:00 pm BUFFET DINNER at the Bistro
- 7:30 pm Group campfire and New Year's Celebration
Monday Jan 01
- 9:30 am Exploration adventure*
- 5:30 pm Tea time and gather for dinner plans
Tuesday Jan 02
12 Noon Check out
* Check white board for hike/outings updates
You can add Buffet Dinner to your registration.
Registration includes admission to hot pools. Bring drinking water (local water is not potable). You must be a member of GOPS or another GO Chapter before you can register for this event. Other GO Chapter members should contact our GOPS Webmaster (click here to email) in order to be added as a member of our Chapter.
Amenities: Free Wi-Fi at the local community center library. No cell service.
What to Bring: WATER, the local water is not for drinking, Ten Essentials, camp chair, electric heater/blanket for your tent,cash, camping/cooking gear, food, warm/cool weather clothing, potluck item, heavy duty tent stakes in case of wind, extension cord, electric blanket or heater, firewood, decorations and vibations for New Year's Eve.
Directions: Campground Location map
Located about 50 miles north of Baker CA via Hwy 127.
Climate: Hist. Avg.: 60° /35° Be prepared for cold nights. Tents can plug in electric heaters/blankets. Check weather forecast and plan accordingly.
- Amargosa River Canyon Hike The Amargosa River
- Shoshone Museum and historic walking tour
- Dublin Gulch caves and Cemetery
- Old Miner's Caves at Dublin Gulch in Shoshone.
- Shoshone Wetlands Hiking Trail
- Hike Tecopa hills loop or Tecopa Peak
- Hikes in southern end of Death Valley
- Saratoga Springs death Valley
- China Date Ranch
- China Ranch Water Fall and Slot Canyon
- Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge
- Dumont Dunes
- Salt Creek Hills nature trail
- Saratoga Springs and Ibex Dunes
- Death Valley hikes- Jubilee Pass
- Backcounty roads to old mine sites
Refunds: Cancellation for a refund minus service fee of $5.00 must be received by 12/26/2017. No refund for buffet after 12/21/2017.
Contact: Scott Connelly Click Here
Photos from previous trips: Click Here
Pets: Are welcomed on a leash.
Health Problems/allergies: It is the responsibility of participants to carry on their person a record of significant allergies, medications and medical history in the event of a medical emergency. Discuss any medical concerns with the hike leader if you wish.