TRAM TO IDYLLWILD
One way hike with shuttle van return.
- Distance: 8 miles
- Total Elevation: 800'
- Total Descent: 2500'
- Difficulty: Strenuous**
- Maximum Elevation: 8700
- Minimum Elevation: 6500
- Type: Hike one way with shuttle van return to the PS Tram Station to retrieve your vehicle. The shuttle route is 62 miles one way.
- Advisement: A lot of down slope hiking. There about 12 large tree down across the trail that require hiking over, under or around. Hiking poles may be helpful. Elevation gain 600 feet to Hidden Divide and total gain of 800 feet. See trail profile chart below. You need to be in good physical condition**.
- Meeting location: Tram valley station loading area - 7:15 AM or 7 AM if you need to purchase a first come ticket.
- We need to be at the front of the line for first tram
- Departure on the first tram up at 8 AM
Tickets for the Tram: $26.95 Adult $24.95 Senior. Recommend purchasing online at least a week or more before the event as tickets sell out. Important – If online tickets are sold-out or grayed-out for any day, tickets are still available, but can only be purchased on the day of your visit at the Tram’s Valley Station on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets will be timed for the next available tramcar. $10 parking fee waived for pass holders and local residents. Our tram departure is 8 AM. Purchase tickets here: Palm Springs Tram Tickets (click here)
Hike from Round Valley up to Hidden Divide and down to Willow Creek and down the Devils Slide switchback to Humber Park in Idyllwild. We will take time to enjoy the trail and interesting features on the way. Our van will meet us with cold drinks and take us to a local restaurant in Idyllwild for a meal prior to returning to Palm Springs. Bring $$ for your restaurant meal after the hike.
**How can I tell if this hike is for me? Click here or contact hike leader if you have questions or concerns.
Special Requirement: All participants must be fully vaccinated.
Access your Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record click here
What to bring: Ten Essentials (click here), water (3 liters recommended), lunch/snacks, sun protection, layered clothing and hiking poles. Carry Emergency Contact Information (ICE). Sturdy hiking footwear with good tread and adequate drinking water are required.
Registration Fee: Only covers the cost of the van shuttle, but not your tram ticket or meal at a local restaurant (bring cash for that).
Initially, only GO Members may register for this event. Space is limited. Please register to reserve a spot, sign the electronic waiver, and receive any last-minute updates. Non-members and guests may register on or after 7/01 if spaces remain available. To join as a member prior to 6/11 - click here.
Contact Hike Leader: Scott Connelly email
Refunds only if there is a waitlist.
Expected time of return 3:30 pm is an estimate only as conditions may vary.
Photos: click here
Health Problems/allergies: Discuss any medical concerns with the hike leader that may affect your ability to complete the hike.