Experience the cool mountain star-lit sky among conifer forest camping at Idyllwild Regional Park. This is a great summer mid-week excursion where you will find an uncrowded campground surrounded by mountain pines and vegetation. Three nights of camping, hiking and exploring the village shops and restaurants.
Tuesday, July 20
- 12:00 pm - Check-in
- 4:00 Sunset hike to meadow
- 6:00 pm - Meet and greet BYOB. Dinner on your own
- 7:00 pm - Group campfire activities
Wednesday, July 21
- 7:00 am - Coffee, danish & fruit
- 9:00 am - Hike to Nature Center *
- 2:00 pm - Hike- Ernie Maxwell *
- 6:00 pm - Dinner on your own
- 7:00 pm - Group campfire and raffle
Thursday, July 22
- 7:00 am - Coffee, danish, fruit
- 9:00 am - 4 wheel drive road trip to Thomas Mountain or Bee Canyon*
- 1:30 pm - Hike* or see Idyllwild
- 6:30 pm - Optional group dinner in town*
- 7:30 pm - Group campfire
Friday, July 23
*Check campground white board for updates and hike/outing details.
Amenities: Restrooms have flush toilets, hot showers that take quarters, picnic tables, fire rings (no wood fires allowed right now), and drinking water. The town of Idyllwild is 1/2 mile away with shops and restaurants.
Amenities For RVs: This is a dry camping event. There is a dump site located nearby at Lake Hemet. Generators may be operated between 7 am and 10 pm.
What to Bring: Ten Essentials, camp chair, daypack for hiking, camping/cooking gear, food, warm/cool weather clothing, quarters for showers. The are water spigots located in the camp. No campfires are allowed in the campground during our stay.
Consider going green! - Please bring your own reusable plates, cups, mugs, eating utensils, etc.
Directions: 54000 County Playground Road, Idyllwild, CA 92549 Map Click Here.
Website: IDYLLWILD REGIONAL PARK
Climate: Ave High 80 Ave Low 47 Weather forecast click here
Photos: Click Here
Refunds: Cancellation for full refund must be received by July 1, half refund up to July 12, no refunds after July 13.
Payment: You can pay with the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
Contact: Trip Leader John Niedzwiedz: Click here email
Pets: Pets are welcomed. $2 per day pet fee payable upon arrival. Must be kept on leash. Please pick up after your pet.
Prices are based upon you being a GO paid member. If not currently a GO member, you will have the option of joining at an additional $25 per person for a one (1) year club membership prior to registration. Each person going must complete a separate registration. You can click here to join.
Health Problems/allergies:It is the responsibility of participants to carry on their person a record of significant allergies, medications and medical history in the event of a medical emergency. Discuss any medical concerns with the hike leader if you wish.
Special COVID Related Requirements:
These may be updated/amended by the time of the event
Participants must comply with the following requirements as a condition of registering for this event:
- I will follow Federal, State and local COVID guidelines as well as the directions of the event leader(s).
- I will maintain distance (min. 6') and wear a mask if social distancing is not possible.
- I will not attend if feeling ill or have any symptoms of COVID.
- I will contact Trip Leader if I test positive for COVID within 14 days of the event.
‘I Accept’ and will comply with these requirements as a condition of participating in this event.