Experience the majestic Sierras and journey along the scenic Kaweah river during the best time of year. Explore the wonders of Sequoia National Park from this gateway community.
Three Rivers Hideaway is a quiet, full service park on the banks of the Kaweah River and gateway to Sequoia National Park. Great for whitewater rafting and the current snowpack indicates a good flow in May. You may select an easy or intermediate raft trip. Raft trips start from our camp. Spend a day exploring Sequoia Park or relaxing along the river.
- RV and campground facilities include hookups, free showers, flush toilets, laundry room and WiFi. All sites have picnic tables with a fire ring and grill. Many are shaded and some have adjoining lawn areas. Most RV sites are (70′) deep by (25′) wide.
- All tent sites have fire ring and picnic table. Tent sites are located separate from RV sites and located nearby. There will be 2 tents on each site. Campground map - click here.
Whitewater rafting on the Kaweah River.
- Different levels of rafting offered, from beginners to advanced. Whitewater Rafting FAQ Rafting - click here. You can decide which level after you arrive.
- Sequoia Adventures runs half day Kaweah River Raft Trips; you can reserve a spot when registering for your campsite and pay for your rafting trip after arriving at the camp.
- Three Rivers to Kaweah Park Resort – Class II to Class III; Distance: 2 miles $50
- Three Rivers Hideaway to Lake Kaweah – Class III to IV; Distance: 5 miles $80
Contact Trip Leaders:
Scott Connelly, Email click here or Doug Wylie Email click here
Schedule of Events
Wednesday, May 11
Optional first night in Tehachapi. Mountain Valley RV Park, Tehachapi. Optional overnight. RV Park: 661-822-1213 Book and pay online yourself - click here
Thursday, May 12
- 1:00 pm - Check-in
- Check with front desk for rafting options
- 6:30 pm - Meet and greet BYOBeverage. Bring appetizer to share. At the group BBQ area next to site 30.
- Dinner on your own
- 7:00 pm - Group campfire activities
Friday, May 13
- 7 am - Coffee and danish site 29 and 30
- 8 am - Sign up for rafting at front desk
- 9 am - TBD check whiteboard
- 1:00 pm - Whitewater rafting* Class II & III (1-2 hours) Class III & IV available starting earlier in the morning. Sign up and pay at our camp. All rafting starts from our camp.
- 6:30 pm – Potluck and BBQ bring something to grill on the large BBQ and a side dish to share
- Confirm or change your RSVP for dinner on Saturday. See list on whiteboard.
- 7:30 pm - Group Campfire
Saturday, May 14
- 7 am - Coffee and danish site 29 and 30
- Confirm your RSVP for Saturday dinner. See list on whiteboard.
- 9:00 am - Visit Sequoia or other activity posted *
- 6:00 pm - Group dinner River View Grill & Bar
- 7:00 pm - Group Campfire*
Sunday, May 15
*Check campground white board for updates and hike/outing details.
What to Bring: Camp chair, camping/cooking gear, food, warm/cool weather clothing, swimming shorts, rafting gear, water shoes, potluck item, firewood and the Ten Essentials. Park entrance fee $30 or bring your entry pass.
Directions/ Address: 43365 Sierra Drive, Three Rivers, CA 93271 - click here
Climate: Average: May 84° / 51° Elevation: 843'
Payments: This event is limited to GO members. When you register, you'll need to have your credit card (MC, VISA, Discover or Amex.) ready and pay your registration fee within 15 mins. If you are not a member yet, you can first join as a member online (click here) and then return here to register.
Prices: Are based upon each person going being a GO Chapter paid member You can join - click here - and then register for this campout. Each person going must complete a separate registration. We do this so each registrant acknowledges our liability waiver condition.
Pets: Pet friendly. We ask that you keep dogs on a leash at all times, do not leave them unattended and clean up any droppings. Pets are not allowed in cabins.
Refunds: Cancellation for a refund, minus any service fee, only if there is a waitlist and must be received by April 28. All cancellations must be sent to the Trip Leader email.
Attractions and Activities:
Special COVID Related Requirements
You must be a Great Outdoors (GO) member in order to attend this event. This event requires all attendees to be fully vaccinated and submit proof of vaccination and abide by the GOPS COVID policy - CLICK HERE
Send proof of vaccination to: GOPSCOVID@gmail.com or text to 760-902-1850
Health Problems/allergies: Discuss any medical concerns with the event leader that may affect your ability to participate in this event.