Morro Bay Campout / Cayucos Sea Glass Festival
Greetings Fellow Great Outdoors Members!
Its time to visit the beautiful central coast of California again! This time we'll be visiting a special central coast event, the Cayucos Sea Glass Festival! So if you enjoy shiny beautiful things, if you're a crafty creative person, or if you just like to window shop, come on out and join us for the weekend!
In addition to the Festival, we're also going to be in the area of some of the best curio and antique shopping territory around!
Between Morro Bay, Cayucos, Cambria, Los Osos, Baywood Park, and San Simeon, you'll have your choice of some of the best antiquing around, as well as the some of the prettiest views while you're doing your window shopping!
We'll be camping at a favorite site for our chapter, Morro Bay State Park, along the beautiful Morro Bay Estuary. This will be a mixed trip of dry-camping RVs and tent campers, so register ASAP to get your space reserved! The amenities at the park include fire rings, picnic tables, and running water bathrooms, including pay hot water showers!
This trip is a four day one, but folks may arrive on Friday as well as Thursday, if one must for work reasons. As on every trip, parking is limited, so carpool if at all possible!
For any who haven't camped with me before, know that my trips have a fairly soft schedule, nothing is chiseled in stone! The biggest goal is for everyone to have a good time, make some new friends, and enjoy the trip! So come along, enjoy the Festival, explore the area, and enjoy!
From the South:
1. Hwy 101 north to the Los Osos-Baywood Park offramp.
2. Turn left at the top of the offramp, heading towards Los Osos.
3. Travel about 10 miles to South Bay Blvd. Turn Right.
4. Go about three miles, past the estuary. The state park entrance will come up on your left. Turn left.
5. Follow the road along the estuary, on your left. You'll eventually see the campground on your right.
6. Shortly after the Marina comes up on your left, The campground entrance will come up on your right! You're there!
For GPS folks, the campground address is: 252-284 South Bay Blvd, Morro Bay, Ca. 93442
FYI, there IS phone and data signal with MOST providers at the campground.
Thursday: 2pm & after-Arrive, check in, set up! If you arrive early, (campgrounds often VERY fussy about early check ins!) the Marina across the street is a great place to park early, have lunch, or just in general get your holiday started!
7pmish-Campfire Meet & Greet-This will be a great chance to get to know each other, refresh old friendships, and to figure out the Friday plans for the group.
Friday: We have MANY options for today, some of our options are:
1. Day Hiking/Tide Pooling at Montana De Oro State Park
2. Visiting the Morro Bay Natural History Museum
3. Window Shopping/Antiquing in Morro Bay/Cayucos/Cambria/San Simeon
Saturday: 1. Cayucos Sea Glass Festival-10AM-5PM (early bird shopping 9AM) (Admission NOT included in your trip fee! Sorry…)
2. Whatever your imagination comes up with!
Sunday: 1. Have a leisurely morning of breakfast and packing, check out by 11AM, explore/lunch your way home!
Any questions? Have some ideas of activities for the trip? Been to any of these areas and want to lead a day activity?
Contact me (Trip Leader Joe):
See you in Morro Bay!
Questions? Let me know… Thank you thank you thank you Chris! HUGS HUGS HUGS