GARRET'S ARCH WONDERLAND OF ROCKS
One of the many wonders of Joshua Tree National Monument is the Wonderland of Rocks, 12 square miles of massive monzogranite boulders. This maze of stone hides groves of Joshua trees, trackless washes and several small pools of water. We will explore narrow canyons and washes, towering walls and pinnacles with amazing geological features. We will visit historical places including the Wall Street Mill and the Wonderland of Rocks Ranch (Pink House, Ohlson House). Expect lots of wildflowers!
Carpooling is encouraged and may be available if offered by driver. You are responsible for arranging you own transportation or ride share. Arrive a few minutes early for briefing and carpooling. Departure is at 8 AM. Distance to trailhead is 50 miles, approximately 1 hour.
- Park entrance fee or Golden Age Passport applicable.
- Suggested carpool donation $8.00
- Bring Ten Essentials (click here), water (2 to 3 liters recommended), trail snacks and/or lunch. Sun protection and layered clothing are recommended.
- Carry Emergency Contact Information (ICE).
- Sturdy hiking footwear with good tread and adequate drinking water are required.
Contact Hike Leaders: Scott Connelly: EMAIL
Click here Photos previous hike
Weather forecast: Sunny, with a high near 71. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
Weather Policy: Inclement weather cancels.
Health Problems/allergies: Discuss any medical concerns with the hike leader that may affect your ability to complete the hike.